Retool Enterprise has become a popular choice for scaling companies looking to build custom internal tools quickly and efficiently. As companies consider investing in this powerful platform, minimizing costs becomes a top priority. This article aims to provide insights into Retool Enterprise pricing and offers valuable strategies for securing a discount.
Retool Enterprise Pricing
For larger organizations, the Enterprise plan starts from approximately $45,000 per year, which includes 50 licenses (approximately $900/user). Depending on how many licenses you require, your pricing will decrease. If you are not yet at scale, you may also consider the Teams or Business plans. The Team plan starts at $120 per user annually or $12 per user monthly, with a minimum of 5 users. The Business plan costs $600 per user annually or $65 per user monthly.
Retool Enterprise Discount Paths
- Standard Discounts offer a 20% reduction in pricing for Team and Business plans when committed to an annual plan. This is a common discount provided by Retool to encourage longer-term commitments.
- Negotiated Discounts range from 20% to 50% and are typically available for Business and Enterprise plans.
- Startup Discounts involve Retool startup offers, such as $25K credits, which allow smaller companies to test Retool before committing to a paid plan.
- Non-for-profit Discounts are special discounts available for non-profit organizations, though they are relatively uncommon. If your organization is eligible, it's worth inquiring.
Tips for Negotiating a Discount with Retool Enterprise
Negotiating a discount on your Retool Enterprise will make a difference as you scale. To increase the likelihood of getting a discount with Retool, first understand Retool pricing, and then consider the following strategies:
- Submit a Request for Proposal (RFP): Demonstrate your seriousness about the business and your willingness to invest in the software. This can encourage the vendor to offer more favorable pricing.
- Research and compare competitor pricing: Ensure you are well-informed during negotiations. Utilize resources such as Retool pricing benchmark data to gain insights into the market landscape and strengthen your bargaining position.
- Consider bundling: Is there Retool add-ons or different entities in the group that you can bring together to negotiate a volume discount? This can be an attractive option for vendors as it guarantees a larger contract.
- Be mindful of timing: End of financial year, quarter, or month can be ideal as sales teams may be more inclined to offer higher discounts to meet their targets.
- Build a strong relationship: Developing a mutually beneficial partnership can lead to better pricing and ongoing support.
Convincing the CFO to Approve Retool
Securing approval from your CFO to invest in Retool can be challenging, but with the right approach, you can demonstrate its value and potential impact on your business. Focus on demonstrating the ROI and potential impact on business growth, using concrete examples. Before engaging your CFO, have the following information prepared:
- Clearly define the benefits and advantages that Retool could bring to your company, such as increased efficiency, streamlined workflows, and cost savings of engineering resources.
- Successful case studies or testimonials from other companies that have implemented Retool Enterprise and achieved significant results.
- Identify in advance any potential concerns or objections that the CFO may have, such as implementation challenges or compatibility with existing systems, and provide solutions or mitigations.
- Leverage Hudled's Retool benchmarking pricing data to show the CFO that you've negotiated a fair price, and that it's comparable to alternative solutions.
- Present a timeline and implementation plan for integrating Retool into your company's operations, showcasing the feasibility and practicality of the investment.
SaaS Savings with Hudled
Hudled is a powerful platform that helps businesses manage their SaaS stack, offering centralized subscription management and actionable insights to optimize costs. Trusted by startups and scale-ups alike, Hudled provides SaaS optimization techniques and strategies to help users reduce their expenses. Discover potential overspending and start saving on your SaaS costs by getting started and sign up for Hudled's free SaaS audit today.